[Snort-openappid] New Detectors

Wed May 27 15:11:49 EDT 2015

Hi Edison.

Thank you for offering to contribute on our detectors. After you create the new detector, you won’t have to update the appMapping.data file. That is part of our released package we provide to the open source community.

As soon as you create the detector with the open_createApp(“you_appid”) API the value of that appid will get calculated internally.

If the detector you contribute to us is something we can include on a future detector package, then we will provide with the official metadata vaues in the appMapping.data file for you.

For more information on the API calls and our Open Source Detector package, you can download it at https://snort.org/downloads under the OpenAppID section.