[Snort-openappid] solaris 10 snort service not running

Lamont, Brian A. Brian.Lamont at ...92...
Fri Jul 31 12:50:30 EDT 2015

Many of our Solaris 10 systems have dual NICs configured with LACP.   I have specified the interface name of bge0 in snort.sh from one of our Solaris 10 workstation as well as, removing from snort.sh and putting in snort.conf as var HOME_NET bge0, but the service continues to remain in "maintenance" regardless of any enable, disable or clear of the service.     Please help if you have configured snort for Solaris 10 thank you.

svc:/site/snort:default (snort Intrusion Detection)
State: maintenance since Fri Jul 24 09:31:00 2015
Reason: Completes a dependency cycle.
   See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-HP
Impact: This service is not running.

FATAL ERROR: Failed to lookup interface: no suitable device found. Please specify one with -i switch

Transitioning svc:/site/snort:default to maintenance because it completes a dependency cycle

Brian Lamont

Unix Systems Admin
GENERAL DYNAMICS - Mission Systems
Desk:  480 586-9986
Cell:  480 209-8751
This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD Corporate Policies 07-103 and 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.