[Snort-openappid] [Snort-OpenAppID]"Missing session" log is coming

Thu Sep 4 14:36:38 EDT 2014

Hitesh,

Can you send us your configuration file for this, and where the OpenAppID has been installed?
Can you also send us the traffic that we should have been detecting?

From: hitesh menghani <menghanihitesh at ...8...<mailto:menghanihitesh at ...8...>>
Date: Thursday, September 4, 2014 at 3:22 AM
To: "snort-openappid at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-openappid at ...7...rceforge.net>" <snort-openappid at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-openappid at lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: [Snort-openappid] [Snort-OpenAppID]"Missing session" log is coming

Problem-

I am testing snort-2.9.7.0_beta with latest OpenAppID.
My configuration is ok and traffic is also coming to snort, but it is not getting detected.
Time I am sending traffic through snort it logs "Missing session" log and returns.

I gone through code also and found "Missing session" log in below files-
src/dynamic-preprocessors/appid/detector_plugins/detector_sip.c
src/dynamic-preprocessors/appid/fw_appid.c

What would be the problem?

--
---
Thanks & Regards,