[Snort-openappid] Document about API:CHPCreateApp API:CHPAddAction

Mike Stepanek (mstepane) mstepane at ...5...
Tue Nov 11 09:02:34 EST 2014

John -

That API is a work in progress.  It may be supported by a future release of OpenAppID.  In the meantime, those detectors are disabled in the released ODP.

- Mike Stepanek
   mstepane at ...5...

From: puremonkey2001 at ...63... [mailto:puremonkey2001 at ...63...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:56 AM
To: snort-openappid at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-openappid] Document about API:CHPCreateApp API:CHPAddAction

Hi all~

When I start to learn how to write openappid rule, I check the exist rules under oppenappid/odp/lua.
And I see lots of API usages of CHPCreateApp and CHPAddAction.
I check the document "OpenDetectorDeveloperGuide.pdf" and no reference about them.
So is there any document or reference for me to learn how to use those two apis?

Many thanks!

Best Regards,
John