[Snort-openappid] Custom app detector

Adam Hogan (adhogan) adhogan at ...5...
Sat Jun 7 17:03:42 EDT 2014

Hello,

How do I get snort to read in a custom app detector? I've placed the lua script in the custom subdirectory. When I start snort the only indication I get that the custom directory is read is this line:

Could not read configuration file /usr/local/snort/appid/custom/userappid.conf

What should go into userappid.conf?

Thanks,

------------------
Adam Hogan
Security Engineer; SFCE, SFCI
SOURCEfire, LLC.
adam.hogan at ...5...<mailto:ahogan at ...4...>
(C) 586.876.3980
(O) 614.659.1307

     ,,_
   o"   )~   Sourcefire - Now part of Cisco  . : | : . : | : .
      ''''

!! Please note that my email address and office phone number have changed. Because Cisco.