[Snort-openappid] [Snort-OpenAppID]Dropbox, Torrent traffic is not getting dropped

Tue Jul 1 09:52:49 EDT 2014

Hitesh,

Thank you for the update on these detectors. We are currently working on some improvements in OpenAppID that will help the detection and the control for these detectors. We are expecting to provide a new release with those fixes in the near future.

From: hitesh menghani <menghanihitesh at ...8...<mailto:menghanihitesh at ...8...>>
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 8:03 AM
To: "snort-openappid at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-openappid at ...7...rceforge.net>" <snort-openappid at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-openappid at lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: [Snort-openappid] [Snort-OpenAppID]Dropbox, Torrent traffic is not getting dropped

Problem-

I have tested many applications with OpenAppID like facebook, ftp, ebay etc.., all are  getting detected and dropped if action set to drop by Snort.

But in case of Torrent and Dropbox, traffic is getting detected for application but Snort is unable to drop it though the action is drop for it.

What would be problem with thease applications?

--
---
Thanks,