[Snort-openappid] Snort Blog: Snort OpenAppID Detectors have been updated!

jlay jlay at ...32...
Mon Dec 1 13:13:17 EST 2014

On 2014-12-01 10:59 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:

http://blog.snort.org/2014/12/snort-openappid-detectors-have-been.html
[1]

>> SNORT OPENAPPID DETECTORS HAVE BEEN UPDATED!
>>
>> An update
has been released today for the Snort OpenAppID Detector content.

This release, build 225, includes

>> * A total of 2,613
detectors.
>> * One fix that was also reported by the Open Source
community about showing some appid's categorized as __error.
>> *
Improvements over our Minecraft server detection.

>> Available now
for download from our downloads page [2], we look forward to you
downloading and using the new features of 2.9.7.0's OpenAppId
preprocessor and sharing your experiences with the community.

>> The
OpenAppId community has a mailing list specifically dedicated to the
exchange and discussion of detector content. Please visit the mailing
lists page [3] to sign up.

Would be nice to get this into pulledpork
one day...thanks Joel!

James

Links:
------