[Snort-openappid] snort-2.9.7.0_beta u2streamer memory issue

Peyman Gohari peyman.gohari.pub at ...8...
Tue Aug 12 20:32:13 EDT 2014

Hi

  I am running snort-2.9.7.0_beta with openappid on an ARM7 platform.
  u2streamer fails with the following message:

   u2streamer --path=/var/log/snort --name=appstats-unified.log  Looking
with timestamp: 0
*** glibc detected *** u2streamer: free(): invalid next size (normal):
0x000140f0 ***
Aborted

  Having a look at the code shows that the malloc in u2streamer.c may be
the source of the issue:

static int ParseCommandLine(int argc, char *argv[])
{
 case 'n':
                config.name = malloc(strlen(optarg))+2;

  Having increased the memory allocated by the malloc prevents the crash,
but I am still not getting any log added to /var/log/auth.log

  What am I missing?

Thanks!
PG