[Snort-devel] What is SO rule actually?

Russ rucombs at cisco.com
Wed Apr 3 09:23:47 EDT 2019

Checkout the updated example in the snort3_demo repo on github now:
tests/ips_actions/so_and_soid/.  That has a contrived but more complete
implementation based on content matching and use of the Cursor and
FlowData.  The test.bats shows all the steps you need to implement your
own:  generate the include, compile, link the so, dump the stub, and
then run using stub and so.  Hope that helps.

Russ