[Snort-devel] Versioned rulesets and release schedule

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Mon Aug 20 11:34:28 EDT 2018

Versioned, as in... what?

On Aug 18, 2018, at 8:57 AM, W. Michael Petullo <mike at flyn.org<mailto:mike at flyn.org>> wrote:

First, does the Snort team provide a versioned tarball of the community
rules available at:

https://www.snort.org/downloads/community/snort3-community-rules.tar.gz ?

The trouble with the unversioned tarball is that it seems to change over
time. This causes a problem because an OpenWrt package specification
contains both the URL of a resource and its hash. My build breaks when
the team updates snort3-community-rules.tar.gz due to the package hash
becoming invalid. I think other Linux distributions work this way.