[Snort-devel] Machine Learning preprocessor for Snort

Carter Waxman (cwaxman) cwaxman at cisco.com
Tue Aug 14 10:34:57 EDT 2018

Might I suggest trying to build this as an inspector in Snort 3? Plugin development is far simpler:

Define a Module subclass – This defines your configuration.
Define an Inspector subclass – This runs your packet processing code
Define the InspectApi – This provides the loading hooks and define what you want delivered to the Inspector and how
Build against your Snort 3 installation
Drop the .so in your dynamic plugin folder and run

Take a look at the README and some of the examples in the snort_extra tarball. src/inspectors/dpx would be a good start.

-Carter