[Snort-devel] tls1.3 support for 'ssl_version' and DTLS

Russ rucombs at cisco.com
Mon Apr 30 07:38:46 EDT 2018

Joshua,

Snort 3.0 will at least be adding support for detection of tls1.3. If
this is something you want to pursue, another approach is to replace the
separate bit flags with a 3-bit int that maps to an enum to indicate
version.  That would free up 2 bits.

There is no specific plan for DTLS at the moment but we can check with
Talos on the priority of that.

Thanks for digging in.
Russ