[Snort-devel] error in snort-2.9.11 manual

stephan schwebke stephan.schwebke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:39:01 EST 2017

Starting at page 9 of the manual, it states, when referring to working with
sniffer mode, use the commands ./snort -v, ./snort -vd, and ./snort -vde,
which each give the error "command not found", when used with sudo, and
"not a directory", when used alone; however, dropping the "./" and using
snort -v, snort -vd, or snort -vde each start a scan. This probably is
merely an oversight, but I thought you should be made aware of it to avoid
a number of complaints. If this is not where I should enter any further
problem I might find, please let me know. Thank you and in the words of Red
Skelton, "Good night & God bless." :{ )