[Snort-devel] Snort 3.0 Alpha 4 has been released!
snortreleases at ...835...
Thu Mar 2 12:24:00 EST 2017
The fourth alpha release of Snort++ is now available on Snort.org
<https://snort.org/downloads/#snort-3.0>. If you haven't tried Snort++
yet, now is a good time to do so as this pig sports a superset of Snort
* Support for multiple packet processing threads
* Improved throughput and latency performance
* Improved detection
* Modular design
* Plugin framework with over 200 plugins
* More scalable memory profile
* A brand new HTTP inspector
* Service rules like alert http
* Rule "sticky" buffers
* LuaJIT configuration, loggers, and rule options
* Auto-detect common services for portless configuration
* Rewritten TCP handling
* New rule parser and syntax
* New performance monitor
* New time and space profiling
* New latency monitoring and enforcement
* Automake or Cmake - your choice
* Builtin help and generated reference documentation
The first beta release is expected around midyear at which point Talos
will provide 3.0 rule downloads. In the meantime, you can use the
snort2lua utility packaged with Snort++ to convert 2.X rules and confs.
There are lots of enhancements and new features planned for Snort++,
some of which are already in development. As always, new downloads are
posted to snort.org <http://snort.org/> monthly. You can also get the
latest updates from github (snortadmin/snort3) which is updated weekly.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to bugs at ...835... or the
The Snort Release Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-devel