[Snort-devel] Snort Inline with TCP Connection

Navdeep Uniyal Navdeep.Uniyal at neclab.eu
Thu Jul 20 11:18:11 EDT 2017

Hello guys,

I am trying to set up snort inline while on one end of snort is my TCP server running. The other port is connected to another machine. While ping works between those, there are issues with tcp sonnection.

TCP is getting Spurious retransmission. The issue is not with the server as it works without snort perfectly well. Also, using TCP dump I could see the response ACK being  received from receiver to sender.

Please if someone could help setting up this connection.

Best Regards,
Navdeep