[Snort-devel] Average delay per packet observation

Navdeep Uniyal Navdeep.Uniyal at neclab.eu
Fri Jul 7 04:52:16 EDT 2017

Thank you for your reply.

In my case I am using a set of 5 rules repeated over(with different sid). So approximately each set should take the same amount of time relatively.
Example: 80 rules have (16*5) rules
                    40 rules have (8*5) rules
                    20 rules have (4*5) rules
                    10 rules have (2*5) rules

By this way, I assume the delay should get halved in each case from 80 to 40. But this is not happening as we can see from the results. Could you please help me in getting the explanation.

Best Regards,
Navdeep