[Snort-devel] Suggested documentation updates

Branden Archer brarcher at lexmark.com
Wed Jul 5 14:25:12 EDT 2017

This email address was mentioned in the documentation as a list to send
patches to, so I am sending some documentation related patches here. Note
though that next to the documentation link on snort.org (here)
<https://www.snort.org/documents#OfficialDocumentation> a different email
address is listed. It is not clear where to send documentation patches, so
if snort-devel is incorrect, please let me know.

Reading through the Snort documentation available in the 2.9.9.0 source
tarball I found a few places which could be improved. Attached please find
patches for doc/snort_manual.tex. Please consider these changes for a
future release.

As an aside, is emailing patches the preferred way to suggest documentation
updates, or is there a git repo publicly available where I can submit
changes for review?

Thanks,
- Branden