[Snort-devel] 答复: Could anyone share the performance data of Snort3.0 IDS

Sunyi LIu sunnysunny128 at ...1389...
Thu Jan 12 04:57:14 EST 2017

hi ,
   Appreciate for your help, I will hava a try.
Br
sunny

At 2017-01-11 18:20:28, "Russ" <rucombs at ...3461...> wrote:
Snort 3.0 does process packets differently than Snort 2.X and you will better performance for equivalent configurations.  To get more performance, use hyperscan.  And to get best performance, use service rules like alert http (not yet available from Talos).

As far as we know, the new http_inspect works very well and is a huge improvement over the old one.  Of course, it is a major new piece of code and we are actively working to improve it.  If you are aware of any issues, please send the details to bugs at ...2256...

Thanks
Russ