[Snort-devel] Question about Artificial Neural Networks + Preprocessors

Luan Utimura lnutimura at ...3689...
Wed Apr 12 15:56:16 EDT 2017

Hello everybody,

I'm thinking about creating a system where I can use ANN to learn and classify what type of attacks my network could be suffering based on it's packets informations. At the moment, considering I'm a complete newbie w/ Snort, the methodology would consist of developing a Snort Preprocessor, with an ANN implemented in it.

Is it the best way to approach this problem? Or is it even possible to do the way I just described to you guys?
Feel free to leave your suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Luan.