[Snort-devel] Windows broken on snort.conf

Seshaiah Erugu (serugu) serugu at ...3461...
Wed Oct 26 08:54:51 EDT 2016

Hi Michale,

Geoffrey Serrao responded to your query. Please find the attachment.

Thanks,
Seshaiah Erugu.

From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...2826...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:11 PM
To: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-devel] Windows broken on snort.conf

I've asked about this before and have yet to get any response from the Development team.

The below line in the snort.conf breaks Windows because there is a missing library to decompress.

decompress_swf { deflate lzma } \

What do we need to do as Windows users so we don't lose this function?

Is there going to be a fix available soon, and are you looking into it?

Kindest regards,
Michael...