[Snort-devel] Windows decompression of SWF and PDF errors

Geoffrey Serrao gserrao at ...402...
Fri Oct 21 04:40:17 EDT 2016

If you're using the 2983 conf like I am line 326 is:

decompress_pdf { deflate }

The error message can happen if liblzma (xz tools) is not installed on the
system before running ./configure.

The stock conf includes enabled decompression so that error is generated if
snort was compiled without lzma support - so snort can't continue.