[Snort-devel] CentOS 7 SRPMs missing buildrequires

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at ...2499...
Wed Nov 18 12:58:38 EST 2015

Hello Developers / package maintainers!
While attempting to build the CentOS 7 packages on RHEL7, I noticed a
couple undeclared BuildRequires:
 - daq (for sfbpf)
 - libdnet (for dnet headers)*

*Good news:  libdnet from code.google.com is in the main RHEL 7 repos
repackaged by Red Hat (which means they will also be in the CentOS 7 core
repos too).  Bad news:  It must place the dnet stuff in a location not
expected by the Snort makefile, because even with libdnet package
installed, the error persists:
  "   ERROR!  dnet header not found, go get it from
   http://code.google.com/p/libdnet/ or use the --with-dnet-*
   options, if you have it installed in an unusual place"

$ rpm -qil libdnet
/usr/lib64/libdnet.so.1
/usr/lib64/libdnet.so.1.0.1

I would test further but I'm not sure how exactly to feed rpmbuild the
custom makefile switch referenced " --with-dnet-*"

Hope this helps!
 - Kodiak