[Snort-devel] preprocessor stream5_global prune_log_max 0

elof at ...969... elof at ...969...
Fri Mar 27 09:20:37 EDT 2015

> Will this bug ever be fixed?
>
> See my initial report from 2 years ago, http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q1/952
> and the proposed solution by Gregory in http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q1/967

I tried to mute the flood of prune-messages by setting prune_log_max to 1073741824, but it still spam my syslog. :(

Perhaps you should review the logging mechanism? I think setting
prune_log_max to either 0 or the maximum value should disable the logging
completely.

I then tried an even higher value, to make it shut up, but then I get:

snort[64286]: FATAL ERROR: snort.conf(178) => Invalid Prune Log Max.  Must be 0 (disabled) or between 1024 and 1073741824

So I revert back to filtering the spam in my syslog-conf instead. :-/

/Elof