[Snort-devel] Suggestion for snort.conf

Bill Parker wp02855 at ...2499...
Fri Mar 13 17:40:03 EDT 2015

Hi All,

   In building snort-2.9.7.2, I test on a number of platforms, and in some
cases SO files (libraries) load into /usr/local/lib, but in the case of
OpenSuSE 13.x, they were deposited into /usr/local/lib64/snort_blah...

Would it be possible to add a couple of lines to snort.conf which would
read:

# path to dynamic preprocessor libraries
dynamicpreprocessor directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/
# path to dynamic preprocessor libraries (some 64-bit systems)
# dynamicpreprocessor directory /usr/local/lib64/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/

# path to base preprocessor engine
dynamicengine /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so
# path to dynamic base preprocessor engine (some 64-bit systems)
# dynamicengine /usr/local/lib64/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so

# path to dynamic rules libraries
dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules
# path to dynamic rules libraries (some 64-bit systems)
dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib64/snort_dynamicrules

The information showed up during make install, when I scrolled back to see
where the shared object files were sent, or should the documentation make
this a bit more clear (generally)?

Bill