[Snort-devel] Reputation preproc priority showing "blacklist" when set to "whitelist"

Mike Cox mike.cox52 at ...2499...
Tue Jul 28 13:27:47 EDT 2015

When enabling the reputation preprocessor and not setting the "priority"
option, I see this (the default value) when Snort starts up:

Reputation config:
  Reputation priority:  whitelist

However, if I set the "priority" option to "whitelist" (it can only be
set to "whitelist" or "blacklist"), I get this when Snort starts up:

Reputation config:
  Reputation priority:  blacklist

I have not tested to see if this is just an output issue or if it
actually affects engine behaviour.  However, I see this on Snort
2.9.7.3 and also now on Snort 2.9.7.5, as well as previous versions.

Thanks.

-Mike Cox