[Snort-devel] Any chance the Snort/Daq RPMs can be cleaned up?

Nageswara Rao A.V.K (navk) navk at ...3461...
Thu Dec 3 01:41:18 EST 2015

Filippo,

   Thanks for the patch. We will add it to the list soon.
Somehow we miss your previous mail, sorry for that.

Best Regards,
ANR

-----Original Message-----
From: Filippo Carletti [mailto:filippo.carletti at ...2499...]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 5:37 PM
To: Kodiak Firesmith
Cc: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] Any chance the Snort/Daq RPMs can be cleaned up?

> The RPMs provided by Snort.org have a *lot* of rpmlint issues, many of
> them are full-on 'Error' severity level.

Kodiak,
I think that the rpm also has some problems when used in some production setups.
I've submitted patches in the past, but nobody ever commented on them.
FYI, the snort user is not created as a system user, the init script can't start snort in nfqueue setup and alert log file is not rotated by default.
Patches I asked to review are here:
https://github.com/NethServer/snort

--
Ciao,