[Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.8 Beta Available Now
snortreleases at ...835...
Mon Aug 17 12:04:54 EDT 2015
Snort 2.9.8 Beta is now available on snort.org at
http://www.snort.org/downloads in the Snort Development Release section.
2015-08-05 - Snort 2.9.8 Beta
[*] New additions
* AppID is no longer experimental.
* SMBv2/SMBv3 support for file inspection.
* Port override for metadata service in IPS rules.
* AppID Lua detector performance profiling.
* Perfmon dumps stats at fixed intervals from absolute time.
* New preprocessor alert (18:120) to detect SSH tunneling over HTTP
* New config option |disable_replace| to disable replace rule option.
* New Stream configraution |log_asymmetric_traffic| to control logging
* New shell script in tools to create simple Lua detetors for AppID.
* sfip_t refactored to use struct in6_addr for all ip addresses.
* Post-detection callback for preprocessors.
* AppID support for multiple server/client detectors evaluting on same
* AppID API for DNS packets.
* Memory optimizations throughout.
* Support sending UDP active responses.
* Fix permon tracking of pruned packets.
* Improved support for expected sessions.
See the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedbacktobugs at ...2256...
The Snort Release Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-devel