[Snort-devel] Fwd: [Snort-users] ERROR: 'debug-pkts' is an invalid option to the 'config ppm:' configuration

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...3461...
Wed Oct 1 17:04:09 EDT 2014

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 1, 2014 at 4:32:33 PM EDT
From: Jiahua Yu <yjh3207 at ...2499...<mailto:yjh3207 at ...2499...>>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:snort-users at ...362....net>>
Subject: [Snort-users] ERROR: 'debug-pkts' is an invalid option to the 'config ppm:' configuration

Hi,

I got this error while trying to use Packet Performance Monitoring with the debug-pkts option. Some typos exist in the User Manual in Chap 2.5.3 since both "debug-pkts" and "debug-pkt" appeared. I tried both but either one gets me the same error info.

My snort version is as below:

   ,,_     -*> Snort! <*-
  o"  )~   Version 2.9.6.0 GRE (Build 47)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team: http://www.snort.org/snort/snort-team
           Copyright (C) 2014 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
           Copyright (C) 1998-2013 Sourcefire, Inc., et al.
           Using libpcap version 1.5.3
           Using PCRE version: 8.31 2012-07-06
           Using ZLIB version: 1.2.8

Did anyone run into the same problem?