[Snort-devel] Help Regarding Snort : Capturing traffic in KDD cup 1999 dataset format.

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...3461...
Thu Nov 6 00:09:16 EST 2014

https://github.com/vrtadmin/snort-faq/blob/master/FAQ/Can-I-have-help-with-my-homework.md

Read that first.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2014, at 11:58 PM, kruti choksi <kruti_492 at ...2224...<mailto:kruti_492 at ...2224...>> wrote:

Respected Sir,

I am Kruti Choksi pursing Master in Computer Engineering. My dissertation working is going on Intrusion Detection System with Neural Networks.

I am working with Snort for capturing the live traffic. I also able to generate log and alert file. But I want capture live traffic packet into form of KDD cup 1991 dataset with 41 features.As mention over here http://kdd.ics.uci.edu/databases/kddcup99/kddcup99.html .

So can you please suggest me the command or script by which I can capture live traffic into mention format. It is my humble request if you can help me out with is problem as I am stuck over here can not proceed further with my dissertation work.Early waiting for your reply.

Thanking You,
-Kruti Choksi
Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel