[Snort-devel] Help Regarding Snort : Capturing traffic in KDD cup 1999 dataset format.

kruti choksi kruti_492 at ...2224...
Wed Nov 5 23:55:17 EST 2014

Respected Sir,

I am Kruti Choksi pursing Master in Computer Engineering. My dissertation working is going on Intrusion Detection System with Neural Networks.

I am working with Snort for capturing the live traffic. I also able to generate log and alert file. But I want capture live traffic packet into form of KDD cup 1991 dataset with 41 features.As mention over here http://kdd.ics.uci.edu/databases/kddcup99/kddcup99.html .

So can you please suggest me the command or script by which I can capture live traffic into mention format. It is my humble request if you can help me out with is problem as I am stuck over here can not proceed further with my dissertation work.Early waiting for your reply.

Thanking You,
-Kruti Choksi