[Snort-devel] New README for Docs

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...3461...
Mon May 19 12:06:37 EDT 2014

Bill,

Try doing a pull request against:

https://github.com/vrtadmin/snort-faq/blob/master/README.md#docs

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager

On May 18, 2014, at 3:58 PM, Bill Parker <wp02855 at ...2499...<mailto:wp02855 at ...2499...>> wrote:

Hi All,

    I've completed rough work on a new README for the docs directory called:

README.nics

Given the recent issue that a user reported with Snort not alerting/stalling in Inline mode, I thought I would write a document (I'm also making it into a PDF as well) which outlines some gotchas with network cards/drivers and snort.

I'll attach the file to this email (.txt format) for a review and comments, it covers LRO/GRO and other offloading options in Linux/Unix/Windows and Virtual Environments (along with a general section).

Bill
Snort-devel mailing list
Snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Archive: