[Snort-devel] New README for Docs

Bill Parker wp02855 at ...2499...
Sun May 18 18:58:37 EDT 2014

Hi All,

    I've completed rough work on a new README for the docs directory called:

README.nics

Given the recent issue that a user reported with Snort not
alerting/stalling in Inline mode, I thought I would write a document (I'm
also making it into a PDF as well) which outlines some gotchas with network
cards/drivers and snort.

I'll attach the file to this email (.txt format) for a review and comments,
it covers LRO/GRO and other offloading options in Linux/Unix/Windows and
Virtual Environments (along with a general section).

Bill