[Snort-devel] Order of stream_size and dsize checks?

snort user snort.user at ...2499...
Fri Mar 21 14:22:12 EDT 2014

Joel -

Could you please explain how the placing of stream_size or dsize will speed
up evaluation of the rule? I can see that placing it upfront will eliminate
evaluation of the more expensive options such as content or pcre, but is
there some other aspect that will make the rule evaluation more faster with
these rule options placed upfront?

Thanks