[Snort-devel] Regarding set wise pattern matcher

sri harsha sriharsha9992 at ...2499...
Wed Mar 5 07:40:06 EST 2014

 Hi,

     I am using SNORT IDS and i am very much interested in its detection
process. Snort uses set wise boyer moore horspool algorithm.

    I am unable to locate the implementation of the algorithm in its source
file. It would be really helpful if you can help me with explanation of
this set wise detection engine.

   In which source file is the implementation given ??

   At what stage and for what purpose are AC and BMH algorithms used ??

   Thank you in advance.

regards,
sri harsha