[Snort-devel] Question - snort v2.9.6.0 rules

Eray Balkanli Eray.Balkanli at ...3489...
Tue Mar 4 12:07:46 EST 2014

Hi,

I am a graduate Computer Science student at Dalhousie University. I have been working on some network records by using the rules included in Snort v2.9.6.0. I have a question related to those rules; I will be grateful if you reply.

May I ask that for how many recent years the defined rules are based on? I mean, from which year the attack signatures of malicious packets have been regarded?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regars,

Eray