[Snort-devel] Counting Packets Per Second "PCAP ISSUE"

Amtul Saboor saboor.amtul at ...2499...
Wed Jun 25 16:09:52 EDT 2014

Hello

I am making changes in dpx preprocessor. Well the main issue I am facing is
that I need to calculate packets per second and then use the count in a
formula, but the "per second" thing is causing trouble for me. Apparently
PCAP does not keep a record of "per second" packets.

 I have used time function and calculating diff between curr time and
previous time (in seconds) and using if condition trying to grab packets
but the interval is not smooth . I am unable to get correct packet count.

Please suggest what can be done

Thanks alot