[Snort-devel] Fwd: Compile so rules in C language

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at ...2499...
Thu Sep 12 05:38:09 EDT 2013

Hi,

   I have generated rules from rule generator in C language for shared
object.

   Should I save file in header format (.h) or source file (.c) ?

   Is there any tutorial or blog post on

   *how to compile C language source code to generate our own  "shared
object rules".*

   any blogs/tutorials on how to compile in Eclipse C/C++ IDE ?

   Please guide,

   I also followed this thread but not get sufficient insight/understanding,

   http://seclists.org/snort/2011/q3/623

   It is very cumbersome how to write C code for shared object due to lack
of proper references..

   Seeking for guidance,

   Thanks !!
*