[Snort-devel] Writing normalizer for snort

highend root highend at ...3447...
Tue Nov 12 10:37:46 EST 2013

Thanks for the Links!

Yes, I've seen that wireshark already has some BACnet code.

Still, for a better understanding (and a starting point) I would appreciate
a short introduction on how the preprocessor work and which code parts
(beside the obvious) are involved.

I know, asking this already disqualifies me for writing a
preprocessor/normalizer but still this would be a very interesting task for
me. Also it would finally help me to decide if I'm capable of writing one.

Thx.