[Snort-devel] Writing Preprocessor For Snort

Amtul Saboor saboor.amtul at ...2499...
Wed Nov 6 12:34:07 EST 2013

Hello

I am Information Security student and I am working on Snort. Want to make
my own dynamic preprocessor.

I am facing the following error.

make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/local/snort/src/dynamic-examples/include/sf_dynamic_preproc_lib.c',
needed by
`sf_dynamic_preproc_lib.c'.  Stop.

That error has been addressed in this link :

http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q1/161

*But I unable to understand it.*

Please explain what the person meant by the following sentence (i
emailed him but he is not responding):

"
Well, changed the directory in build.sh to the one containing the
required .c files----fixed the previous erro.
Then a libtool error occured, searched and found an answer by Russ---fixed..."

That will be a great help. If you knw what more I should be doing for
correct installation please guide me about it. I am quite worried about it.

Regards

--
*Amtul Saboor*
*Business Development Executive *