[Snort-devel] Enabling Debug option

Mohamed Makthum makthum at ...2499...
Wed May 22 16:04:01 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

                                I am trying to test arpspoof preprocessor
but it isn't working. The preprocessor isn't generating any alert msgs when
arp replies spoofed. Kindly let me know how can I know whether particular
preprocessor is initialized or not . How do I debug ?

I have made a build using -enable-debug option. I have read several
questions where it is mentioned to use export env variable SNORT_DEBUG but I
am not sure what value to specify for the variable.

I have also modified snort.conf to enable the preprocessor. Kindly help me
to enable debugging.

Regards,

Mohamed Makthum Mohamed

Grad student