[Snort-devel] Add Data Into New Tables

waseem sarwar waseemsarwar103 at ...445...
Wed Mar 6 01:18:23 EST 2013

Hi Joel,
Many thanks. I am on version 2.9.1. If you could please share the knowledge-base for the file in previous versions, that would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,Waseem

Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] Add Data Into New Tables
From: jesler at ...402...
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:41:53 -0500
CC: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
To: waseemsarwar103 at ...445...

On Mar 5, 2013, at 4:17 PM, waseem sarwar <waseemsarwar103 at ...445...> wrote:I am making some modifications inside the snort code at the spo_database.c file. I have added new tables inside the MYsql database but I am unable to properly use the SnortSnprintf and Insert function inside my code. Can you please inform me that what functions to use and at what order to add the data inside my self created tables with the Mysql Db info already added in snort.conf.
Thanks in anticipation and looking forward.
Waseem,
Thank you for your interest, however, we removed the spo_database.c code from Snort in 2.9.3.0.
--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT