[Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.5.3 Now Available

Russ Combs rcombs at ...402...
Tue Jul 30 14:37:57 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM, rmkml <rmkml at ...2519...> wrote:

> Hi Snort Team,
>
> Congratulations for hard work !
>
> Do you have an idea for what performance improvements please ? 5% ? 10% ?
> more ?

Part of the performance investigation resulted in some code clean up that
didn't specifically result in significant performance improvement.
Overall, I think the changes yielded a few percent, but of course, YMMV.
It depends greatly on your configuration and traffic.

Regards