[Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.5 Now Available
snortreleases at ...835...
Mon Jul 1 16:05:04 EDT 2013
Snort 2.9.5 is now available on snort.org, at
http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/ in the Latest Release section.
We've rolled up a large number bug fixes and made some other additions
and improvements into this release. Additions, deletions, and changes
2013-07-01 - Snort 2.9.5
[*] New additions
* Added tracking of FTP data channel for file transfers as file_data
for Snort rules.
* Add support for doing PAF based on services loaded thru the
attribute table and hardened PAF code/removed --disable-paf
* Added decoding support for Cisco ERSPAN
* Added tracking of HTTP uploads as file_data for Snort rules.
* Added ability to use event filters with PPM rules
* Added a control channel command to reload the Snort configuration to
give feedback on new configuration. This improves on the older sigHUP
which would just result in Snort exiting and restarting if the new
configuration required a restart.
* Added a configuration option to perfmon to write flow-ip data to a
* New decoding alert for IPv6 Routing type 0 header.
* Added the ability to sync basic session state from one Snort to
another via a side channel communication between the two Snort
instances. NOTE: This is currently experimental.
* Improved Stream's midstream pickup handling for TCP state processing,
sequence validation, and reassembly.
* Added a parse error for a rule if there is a relative content used
after a content that is 'fast_pattern only'.
* Improved HTTP PAF reassembly capabilities to be better aligned on PDU
boundaries, terminate if not actually HTTP, and to include all
appropriate line feeds.
* Hardened the code related to dynamic modules. Removed --disable-
dynamicplugin configuration option since rule and preprocessor shared
libraries are here to stay.
* Improved parsing of IP lists for reputation
* Update to Teredo processing and Snort rule evaluation when the inner
IPv6 packet doesn't have payload
* Improved logging of packets associated with alerts when a Stream
reassembled packet triggers multiple Snort rules.
* Improvements to the Snort manual including documentation of specific
rule options and configuration items.
* Removed a bunch of dead code paths, updated to use more current memory
functions for easier code maintenance and portability.
* Remove deprecated unified support, use unified2 for all of your
See the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to bugs at ...2256...
The Snort Release Team
More information about the Snort-devel