[Snort-devel] Snort Segmentation Fault

z@@f@...3370... @}{m3D go2zaafar at ...2499...
Thu Feb 14 15:17:51 EST 2013

To make the email short,
Here is the output of snort running over this pcap file. (
http://sysnet.org.pk/upload/snort_issue_output.txt)
Here is the script I used to run snort (
http://sysnet.org.pk/upload/run_snort_script.txt). This is basically
"runsnort.sh" script that comes with BotHunter to run snort.

final command line this script generate is like this:-

snort-2.9.0.1-bh/src/snort -r theOne.pcap -u $_curUser -S
"snort_sym_config=snort_bh_syms.conf" -c snort.curruser.conf

Here(http://sysnet.org.pk/upload/snort_bh_syms.conf) is snort_bh_syms.conf
file.
Here(http://sysnet.org.pk/upload/snort.curruser.conf) is
snort.curruser.conf.

*current scripts/outputs/configs are of snort-2.9.0.1 but I tried with
latest release of BotHunter, which contain snort-2.9.2.3 and same bug.

Regards,
Zaafar