[Snort-devel] Interested in developing a preprocessor; want all the documentation I can get.

Rodrigo Montoro(Sp0oKeR) spooker at ...2499...
Mon Aug 12 21:27:02 EDT 2013

I'm not a devel but for sure this url will help you =)

http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/dynamic-preprocessor-starter-kit/

Regards,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Tony Robinson
<deusexmachina667 at ...2499...>wrote:

> Title really says it all.
>
> Sorry for cross posting this into both users and the devel mailing list,
> but I'm looking to get as many sets of eyes as I can here.
>
> Do any of you have any experience developing snort preprocessors? I would
> like to try my at rolling one of my own, or figuring out how to pass
> normalized/preprocessed traffic to other network inspection tools -- to be
> quite honest, I have no idea what I'm doing  and am not sure if a
> preprocessor would be necessary to do this or not.
>
> I know that for the most part, there are readmes included with most of the
> source code, but if anyone has anymore solid documentation on how to do
> something like this, I need all the documentation I can get.
>

> --
> when does reality end? when does fantasy begin?

> Archive:

Rodrigo Montoro (Sp0oKeR)
http://spookerlabs.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/spookerlabs