[Snort-devel] Interested in developing a preprocessor; want all the documentation I can get.

Tony Robinson deusexmachina667 at ...2499...
Mon Aug 12 21:23:15 EDT 2013

Title really says it all.

Sorry for cross posting this into both users and the devel mailing list,
but I'm looking to get as many sets of eyes as I can here.

Do any of you have any experience developing snort preprocessors? I would
like to try my at rolling one of my own, or figuring out how to pass
normalized/preprocessed traffic to other network inspection tools -- to be
quite honest, I have no idea what I'm doing  and am not sure if a
preprocessor would be necessary to do this or not.

I know that for the most part, there are readmes included with most of the
source code, but if anyone has anymore solid documentation on how to do
something like this, I need all the documentation I can get.

--
when does reality end? when does fantasy begin?