[Snort-devel] Is Snort the right choice for our company?

Adam Dahrén adam at ...3400...
Mon Apr 22 05:46:49 EDT 2013

Hi,

I’m studying to become a Data Safety Engineer and I’m doing my internship
for a company that wants me to start with

Implementing a system that stops users in the network to download torrents,
because this slows down their network

On a daily basis.

I’ve read about Snort and I’m seeing this as one way to do it. They want it
to be more efficient than to just block certain

Ports, they want it implemented, like an in-line server, in the network.
Could Snort help us on the way, or how would

That work?

Med vänliga hälsningar / Best regards

Adam Dahrén

+46738478987