[Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.4.5 Now Available

Snort Releases snortreleases at ...835...
Wed Apr 3 12:41:34 EDT 2013

Snort 2.9.4.5 is now available on snort.org, at
http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/ in the Latest Release section.

******
Please Note:
We understand that there may be some confusion by moving from 2.9.4.1
to 2.9.4.5, and we apologize for that.  We are aligning our internal
build numbers with our open source build versions to make versioning
and distribution easier on the backend.  This will help us in ensuring
that the correct versions of rules are available for the supported
versions of Snort.
******

Snort 2.9.4.5 includes changes for the following:

[*] Improvements

* Removed proxy information from normalized HTTP Uri to enable correct
   matching of patterns.

* Update to log packets to unified2 across all alerts on stream
reassembled packets.

* Continue to search for patterns within the HTTP URI until the end of
the URI.

See the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.

Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to bugs at ...2256...

Happy Snorting!
The Snort Release Team