[Snort-devel] Manual updates

Bryan A. Jones bjones at ...3297...
Mon Jun 25 16:50:48 EDT 2012

Joel and Josh,

Thanks for the quick feedback. Here's what I've got thus far. I can supply
further edits as I read and work through it more; would you first review
what I've done to let me know if this is helpful?

Also, are the readme.* files in doc/ auto-generated from the manual, or
must be them hand-edited?

Bryan

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Joel Esler <jesler at ...402...> wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Joshua Kinard <kumba at ...2185...> wrote:
>
> On 06/22/2012 12:20 PM, Bryan A. Jones wrote:
>
> All,
>
> I'm coming up to speed on Snort by reading and editing the manual. Is
> anyone interested in changes applied to docs/snort_manual.tex, v. 2.9.3
> beta (when I downloaded it)? If so, should I sent the whole file, a diff, ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bryan
>

> Sending a diff is best, in unified format (I use -Naurp to diff).  That is
> how I have sent in proposed changes to the manual.
>

> Joshua is correct.  Please diff your proposed changes and send them here
> to the snort-devel list.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Joel Esler
> Senior Research Engineer, VRT
> OpenSource Community Manager
> Sourcefire

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi state, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)