[Snort-devel] Manual updates

Russ Combs rcombs at ...402...
Wed Jul 11 13:54:16 EDT 2012

Thanks.  See inline ...

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Bryan A. Jones <bjones at ...3297...>wrote:

> Joel and Josh,
>
> Thanks for the quick feedback. Here's what I've got thus far. I can supply
> further edits as I read and work through it more; would you first review
> what I've done to let me know if this is helpful?

Yes - very helpful.  I've opened a bug and attached your patch.  We will
review and incorporate appropriate changes in a future release.

> Also, are the readme.* files in doc/ auto-generated from the manual, or
> must be them hand-edited?

Unfortunately, at this point, hand-edited.  Now, if you have the time to
generate all the docs and web pages from a single set of source files,
using say, asciidoc, ... ;)